GeForce 440.97 GPU driver adds Day 1 support for COD: Modern Warfare and The Outer Worlds
Nvidia's latest GeForce Game Ready graphics card driver has arrived with day one support for the release of this week's two biggest titles - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and The Outer Worlds.
As we've come to expect from all these Game Ready drivers, GeForce 440.97 WHQL includes all the last-minute performance tweaks and enhancements for COD: Modern Warfare since last month's beta ran on PC. This includes support for ray-traced shadows, Nvidia Ansel, and all other little doodads. For the optimal experience playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PC with GeForce hardware, Nvidia recommends you download this latest driver update driver.
With just two days to go until COD: Modern Warfare's PC launch, Nvidia has also sent along a PC launch trailer rendered in ultrawide at up to 5K screen resolution, touting the uncapped frame rates, customisable settings, and real time ray-tracing. All footage from this trailer has been captured from the PC version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
The second game is The Outer Worlds, which has already received some glowing reviews (currently averaging 86%). Obsidian's planet-hopping sci-fi RPG is also out this Friday and the GeForce 440.97 GPU driver provides the all-important up-to-date bug fixes and performance tweaks.
In addition to this, the GeForce 440.97 WHQL driver also adds support for windowed G-Sync while running OpenGL and Vulkan-based applications.GeForce 440.97 GPU Driver Fixed Issues
- [FIFA 19/FIFA 20]: The game may crash to the desktop.
- [Apex Legends]: Random flickering occurs on the screen.
- [Star Wars: Battlefront II]: Random crashes to the desktop occur.
- [Growtopia][GeForce RTX]: The game crashes when launched.
- [Tradesmen OS3DE]: Objects are missing in the game.
- [World of Warcraft]: Flickering occurs on the character select screen.
- [Cinema 4D]: Trailing ghosting effect appears when moving the brush tool.
- [Shadow Of The Tomb Raider][DirectX 12]: The game crashes after hitting a TDR error.
- [Forza Horizon 4]: Colored corruption appears in the game during gameplay.
- [Notebook][GeForce GTX 970M]: GPU clock cannot be boosted beyond base clock speed.
- [Battlefield V][G-SYNC][HDR]: When G-SYNC and HDR are enabled, the game cannot be maximized to full-screen after being minimized to the taskbar.
- [Grand Theft Auto V]: The game frequently crashes.
You can download the latest GeForce graphics card driver directly from here or you can auto-update through your current GeForce Experience software installation.
More News in Technology
FILE - This Friday, June 16, 2017, file photo shows the Google logo at a gadgets show in Paris. Google said it has achieved a breakthrough in quantum computing research, saying its quantum processor has
Motorola unveiled as many as six smart TVs with different screen sizes last month in collaboration with Flipkart. The Motorola TVs have a screen size ranging from 32 and 65 inches and are priced between
A Google quantum computer has far outpaced ordinary computing technology, an achievement called quantum supremacy that's an important milestone for a revolutionary way of processing data. "Our machine performed the target computation in 200 seconds,
Arm is announcing four new NPU, GPU and DPU products based around its Project Trillium tech. Arm's NPU IP offering was first announced early last year and was known as "Project Trillium." Arm has officially branded
Key details of the upcoming smartphone have been leaked online. Motorola is reportedly gearing to launch its first smartphone with pop-up selfie mechanism. Dubbed as Motorola One Hyper, key details of the upcoming smartphone have