The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III western launch trailer - Gematsu
Publisher NIS America and developer Falcom have released the western launch trailer for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III, which is available for PlayStation 4 today in North America and Europe. A downloadable demo is also available.
Here is an overview of the game, via NIS America:
Nearly a year and a half has passed since the Erebonian civil war, and much has changed since then. From the shifting stances of countries to the internal politics of the Empire, and even the life of Rean Schwarzer, the shadows of the past have given way to the embers of a new chapter. Now graduated from Thors Military Academy, Rean has become an instructor at the Thors Branch Campus, a newly-opened academy that quickly finds itself thrust onto the national stage. It is here that he takes the lead of a brand new Class VII, and must guide a new generation of heroes into an unknown future. Though all is calm now, the nefarious Ouroboros organization continues to weave a dark plot that could engulf the entire continent in war...or perhaps something even more sinister.
Trails of Cold Steel III invites players into a world full of intrigue and excitement that is years in the making. They will embark on a whirlwind tour through the never-before-seen lands of the recently expanded Erebonian countryside, and encounter fresh faces as well as old friends familiar to fans of the series. In true Trails fashion, the deep, engaging story pairs with an incredible cast of characters and a combat system refined over decades of innovative RPG worldbuilding. This renowned title has also now been developed natively for PlayStation 4 hardware, a series first.Key Features
- Welcome to the New Class VII - Explore the newly annexed lands of the Empire with a brand new squad, and catch up with familiar faces from the past.
- An Immersive Story - Experience an epic story developed across three titles, and crafted for new and old fans alike. Also includes an interactive introduction to catch up new players to the ongoing story so anyone can dive right in to the world of Trails of Cold Steel.
- Combat Honed to a Fine Edge - Challenge oncoming threats with a combat system that has been refined over the course of decades. The addition of features like Brave Order and the Break System opens up new possibilities in battle.
Watch the trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example:
Woe is Leomon.State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation-simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.
Grab your sword and hit the road in today's contest for a physical PS4 copy of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III! Do they still have war schools/academies somewhere? I don't think we
More News in Technology
Nokia 9 PureView successor is now tipped to launch in Q2 2020. A few days ago, alleged renders of Nokia 9.1 PureView were spotted showing off a new design language that includes a waterfall display.
Nokia 9 PureView will remain one of the most promising smartphone launches of this year. While the delay in its availability and use of older processor hurt the sales, it's successor aims to fix those
It's all thanks to this year's 'unsually wonky' polar vortex The hole in Earth's ozone layer is the smallest it has ever been since scientists discovered the puncture nearly 35 years ago, according to NASA. "It's
Teamfight Tactics, the League of Legends auto-battler spin-off, is about to get a massive content update with Set 2, with a whole new set of champions, elements, classes, and
Well, hello. Beautiful! If you are looking for a scoop, check this out. A picture of the illustrious BMW M3 G80. This is fresh off the assembly line and into the minds of gearheads everywhere.